Sunday, February 17, 2008

Color and Light


Today I felt like an extended ride on the bike so I made my way up the hill to Palos Verdes to catch the sunset. The light and color of the tonight's sunset wasn't spectacular so I tried to make it more interesting by capturing a few boats as they passed under the sun.

This one caught me off-guard. I struggled to retrieve the camera from my bag just in time to catch this one before it passed by. Luckily all the boats travelled slowly this evening.

This boat followed the above one a few minutes later. As the sun became consumed by the clouds, the light softened at the expense of the color. The detail of the sun is better but the oranges and reds disappeared. These are the compromises we face as landscape and sunset photographers. Make the best of what you have. Both are decent pictures, just different in color and light.


No comments: