Friday, December 28, 2007

Jack is BACK


Although I have only known Jack a little over 2 years, I have to consider him one of my dearest friends. We hit it off from the start because we share several common things. A fellow Nikon shooter, Jack has a great dry sense of humor that I enjoy. Jack makes me laugh every time we go out to shoot photos.


Jack admired my sunset shots and wanted to capture that daily magic moment for himself. For months I promised him that I would invite him here for photographs and dinner.



Today turned out to be a winner. You never know in southern California as we have few days ripe with the right clouds that spawn perfect sunsets.

After Jack arrived we had lunch at a quaint local 50’s style restaurant and then headed for the local camera shop. A few purchases later we headed for a tour of my favorite locations.




We ended up at the Hermosa Beach Pier to take our shots. It took some careful thought and planning but we set up our gear just before the sun started its descent on to the Pacific.

What a great sunset it turned out to be. I took almost 100 photos and I seldom do that. The hardest part was choosing which ones to keep and process. Every shot really looked good.




Jack seemed pleased with his photographs and I must admit he did a great job of composing his shots. They looked totally amazing.
We ended the day by dining on some choice Peruvian food. Thanks for a great day Jack.
Nikon D300, Nikkor 18-200mm lens, Nikon D70, Nikkor 80-400mm lens and Lexar UDMA CF Card

No comments: