Sunday, December 30, 2007

Vicente Revisited





As the afternoon progressed, I could see a great sunset taking shape. I gathered up my gear and headed back to Vicente Point to apply all the lessons learned from my previous trip.

The sunset shaped up better than expected and it was really beautiful. I expected it to be good but not that good. After sunset, red filled the sky and I was able to get more shots from another location several miles away. Few times have I observed the entire sky painted in glowing red light.

Luck, or being at the right spot at the right time, plays a major role. After aligning the lighthouse with the sun over head, a biplane passed perfectly above the composition. I was fortunate enough to press the shutter at the right time in the right place (luck).

Nikon D70, Nikkor 80-400mm lens and Lexar UDMA CF Card

No comments: