Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Manhattan Beach Pier


With 8 straight days of rain, I haven't shot a sunset in a while. I thought I might chance it today and catch a few clouds in the photo. No such luck but I tried to make chicken salad out of chicken crap anyways.


Manhattan Beach Pier always provides a nice backdrop for sunsets. In winter, it is less populated and makes photo ops easy. These pictures capture a few people watching the sun drop over the horizen.

Today I shot the Nikon D70 with my Nikkor 80-400mm lens. All the books and articles I read always promote the "go wide" philosophy in shooting landscapes. Nonsense. I find the telephoto zooming in and narrowing the subject makes very interesting shots. To me, far more interesting than "going wide angle." But, you be the judge.

No comments: