Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year's 2008

Today is the Rose Parade in nearby Pasadena. Just two years ago I got lassoed in taking a few people to Alhambra to work on the floats. If you were ever interested in working on a float, it is easier than you think. Just show up there at the building and you are in.

I remember working all day on the City of Alhambra’s float and told all my family and friends about it. I asked them to keep their eye out for it while they watched the parade. As luck would have it, the national coverage of the Rose Parade ended before the float passed by. I barely caught it on the local coverage, which plays all day and night here by the way. So much for the float building but I must say that it was an experience. At least when I pass on to the great beyond, I can say, “I worked on a Rose Parade float.”
2008 is shaping up to be the best photo shooting year yet. I look forward to 2008.


Nikon D100, Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 micro lens

No comments: