Sunday, January 6, 2008

A Weather Event

Rain in the Los Angeles area is always a big news event. Given that we had one of the driest years ever last year, three successive storm this weekend brought major concern.

I cannot resist grabbing my camera, with my Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 macro lens, and head out for flower photos after a rain. I don’t think we had enough rain days last year to shoot any flower shots. Today was an opportunity I looked forward to for over a year.



Unfortunately, the small amount of rainfall in the last year provided few flowers. I traveled several of my old walking routes and didn’t many flowers to photograph. The ones available were lame. What a major disappointment. I did get one shot that I was pleased with. This orange flower popped out on this dark and dreary day. It was definitely my favorite of the day.


No comments: